Criteria for MBBS in Nepal:-The goal of the College of Medical Sciences is to select capable students who can gain by attending academic activities to excel in both the art and science of medicine. It emphasizes that the students are always in a heterogeneous group.
It helps to recognize that a diverse student body promotes an atmosphere of creativity, and experimentation, and creates a conducive atmosphere for learning. The exposure to a variety of perspectives and experiences prepares students to care for patients from all walks of life and from every segment of society. Individuality, age, colour, gender, race, regional origin, religion, status, and disability are not determinants of diversity and are not identified as unique characteristics during the admission process.
Table of Contents
Selection Criteria of Students
The selection of the candidates is by:
- Nepali Citizens – Entrance Examination and Counseling by Kathmandu University.
- Nomination from Nepal Government (20% Seats)– As per Ministry of Education (MOE) directives, any successful candidates, who seek admission under MOE Scholarship in the colleges/institutions under Kathmandu University must sit for the KU entrance test. Those candidates will be selected by MOE as per their selection criteria after success in KU Entrance Test.
- Foreign Citizens(50% Seats) – Entrance Examination and Counseling or Candidates passing recognized Entrance Test of concern year of MBBS/BDS program in their respective country internationally recognized test will be eligible for admission in the respective program of Kathmandu University.
- Apply online www.cmsnepal.edu.np at the earliest along with the online application need to upload the following documents (in PDF/image format):
- 12th / A Level mark sheet (copy of the board issued mark sheet/transcript)
- Passport’s page showing name and nationality (Voter ID or Aadhar may be uploaded provisionally for the Indian national candidates)
- NEET/SAT score sheet of the present academic year, if available
- Photograph of the applicant
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Nepal
The student must have completed 10+2, or equivalent qualifications, with a minimum of 50% of marks in each subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology(PCB) (Which in general 50% is equal to ‘C’ grades for Sri Lankan A-Level and ‘D’ grades for International A Levels like EDEXCEL/London) and also 50% in aggregate for being eligible for studying MBBS in Nepal.
Completed Bachelor of Science Degree, recognized by the University, with one of the following subjects viz. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and at least one other prescribed science subject of study up to the ancillary level and having scored not less than an overall aggregate of 50%marks, provided that such candidate shall have passed the earlier qualifying examination (10+2 or an equivalent examination) with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
Completed requisite course equivalent to I. Sc. (Biological Group) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English, as main subjects after Certificate Level in Health Sciences from Dhulikhel Medical Institute, Kathmandu University.
Must have a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and not less than 50% of marks in each subject of Physics, Chemistry and, Biology (PCB).