Summary of “Kathmandu Municipal Policy and Program” for 2079: Balen Shah Mayor
Kathmandu Municipal Policy and Program by Mayor Balen Shah
- Continuation of teaching in accordance with the local Nepali language curriculum from class 1 to class 8 in all schools will be continued.
- School campus improvement program of community schools will be conducted Under this, construction and upgrading of toilets, provision of free sanitary pads, provision of drinking water and provision of lockers for students will be provided.
- The policy will be taken to conduct non-formal education and SIP development programs through community-level learning centres.
- Necessary arrangements will be made to ensure the health of the taxpayers who have paid taxes in the metropolis A maximum of 50 per cent subsidy of insurance fee will be provided
- Free beds will be provided in the hospital for the needy citizens residing within the metropolitan area, and arrangements will be made for the operation of an integrated ambulance service.
- Within a year, digital profiles of all physical infrastructures, including roads, sewerage, drinking water pipeline, street lights, telephone, etc., will be prepared in the metropolitan area, and integrated details will be collected.
- The existing infrastructure ambulance service with materials and manpower will be expanded and continued
- Upgradation of sidewalks, traditional style for passenger rest at bus stops, upgrading of public toilets to make their disability and gender-friendly, a continuation of Mahanagar Ujyalo program.
- Rehabilitation of doves within the metropolitan area and construction of Amp Theater
- Homestay operation will be arranged in the Handigaun area, which is a heritage of ancient civilization, in the coming Fiscal Year.
- Newa: Initiatives will be taken to internationalize the local beverages prevalent in the community by completing the necessary legal process, various fairs, and festivals will be introduced internationally and tourism will be promoted.
- Arrangements will be made to categorize the waste at the source for reuse and processing of waste.
- पार्क Park will be constructed by removing encroachment of public lands On the first Sunday of every month, the mayor’s program with the people, Mahanagar e-library will be established and brought into operation
- Home delivery services will be gradually expanded by the corporation in line with the government’s concept of home delivery.
- League competitions will be organized in collaboration with national and international level sports clubs.
- Necessary coordination will be made in department stores, shopping malls, and marts within the metropolitan area to provide a fixed place for the sale and distribution of local products and organic food items.
- Arrangements will be made for senior citizens above 70 years of age to undergo health check-ups at their homes
- Necessary coordination will be made to operate a disability-friendly ATM machine
Necessary arrangements will be made to build our own mart (KMC mart) and bring it into operation
- In order to make public transport effective, a separate company will be established and necessary initiatives will be taken to manage all public transport within the valley under one umbrella.
- Necessary arrangements will be made to prohibit shops on sidewalks