IOE has the provision of students falling under a certain quota for admission. The quota students can get scholarships if they meet all the criteria mentioned below.
Table of Contents
How To Apply For Quota and What are Requirements?
The college where you want to apply will publish a notice regarding their intake and application date. So you need to apply and fill priority within mentioned time. If you want to apply for quota then the following are the quota available in TU affiliated and constituent IOE colleges:
- Female Quota
- Teacher/Staffs Quota
- Samabesi/Bipanna/Reserved Quota
- Aadibasi/ Janjati
- Backward rural area
- Tharu and
- Sponsored Quota
- Foreign Quota
Following are the necessary requirements:
- You can get a scholarship on only one of the above criteria though you can apply for more than one. You can apply for the quota seat along with open seat. But the admission board will prioritize the application in order . The latest criteria in the above list will be considered as your applied quota and given more priority.
- For example, you apply as open, female, and muslim. Then muslim will be taken as your first quota priority, then female and at last open.
- If the reserved seats are vacant and no one applies to it, the seats are allocated for the open students.
- You should have been listed in the entrance result list as published by IOE.
- You must have completed your education from grade 8 to 10 from government or community school.
- You must have completed your plus two education from government or community school. Or you must have got scholarship from NEB or any Nepal Government affiliated institutions.
- Minimum final grade obtained in plus two must be C grade and the student must be regular i.e. must have completed 11 and 12 in first attempt.
- To apply for bipanna category your family must have income below the poverty line as mentioned by your respective VDC or municipality.
- Students can apply only in regular category. If you apply for reserved quota in full fee, then your application will be dismissed.
- If the documents you submit found fraud, you can be charged according to law and your admission is cancelled.
Documents Required during admission in IOE:
- Marksheet of grade 8,9 and 10. And the paperwork mentioning your school to be government or community school verified by respective District Education Office or any education related governmental organizations.
- Transcript of plus two. And the paperwork mentioning your college to be government or community school verified by respective District Education Office or any education related governmental organizations.
Or if you the certificate proving that you have received a scholarship from NEB or any Nepal Government affiliated institutions.
- If you have applied for bipanna quota under reserved/samabesi category, then you must submit the paper work proving you have low family income and must have recommendation letter from local level stating that you fall under the category.
- Under reserved category, if you are handicapped, then you must submit paperwork as provided by Rastriya Apanga Mahasangh (National Federation of the Handicapped) or respective District Administration Office.
- Under reserved category, if you are aadibasi/janjati, then you must submit paperwork as provided by Aadibasi Janjati Utthan Rastriya Pratisthan (Tribal Tribal Upliftment National Foundation) or respective District Administration Office.
- Under reserved category, if you are dalit, then you must submit paperwork as provided by Rastriya Dalit Aayog or respective District Administration Office (Jilla Prasasan Karyalaya).
- If you are from backward/rural area, then you must submit paper work from respective VDC or municipality.
- If you are from muslim or tharu community, you must submit paperwork proving you to be from that community from respective District Administration Office(Jilla Prasasan Karyalaya).
If there are more application than mentioned intakes, then the students will be selected on the basis of ranks they secured. The one with higher rank will get more chance of getting the quota admission than the one with lower rank.