After the news of IMEI Registration in Nepal by NTA, it is now compulsory to register your phone in Nepal if it is not bought from Nepal or If you don’t have sufficient proof of buying your phone in Nepal like VAT bills, warranty registration cards etc.
Table of Contents
Check MDMS Service in Nepal:
Those new phones that are imported to Nepal after 01 Ashoj 2079 will need to be registered manually with NTA. If anyone buys or brings the iPhone or any other android phone from abroad will need to be registered under Nepal Telecom’s MDMS system to access the network.
MDMS is a Mobile Device Management System in Nepal that is implemented to control the illegal transport or import of mobile devices from other countries and sell them. This will help to control the discontinuation of VAT and other customs. duties.
NTA is registering all those devices that have SIM inside phones till the 31st night of Bhadra 2079. you may get a message of ” Your device is successfully registered under MDMS.”
Phones that are brought from countries other than Nepal are considered illegal. To use those phones, you must do IMEI registration in Nepal. Illegal mobile phones will not be allowed to operate in Nepal from next July (Shrawan).
IMEI Registration Service in Nepal
First of all, you should check your device if it is registered in Nepal’s Mobile Device Management System.
If it shows your device is not registered in the system, then you must register your device yourself online. It is a very easy and short process step-by-step.
Check IMEI Registration Status:
Follow some steps sequentially to check your device first and then register in Nepal to make it work in Nepal’s Carrier.
- Go to your phone’s dialer and dial *#06# to find your device’s IMEI Number.
- Note both IMEI1 and IMEI2 somewhere for reference.
- Now, go to NTA’s website https://eir.nta.gov.np/login
- Click on Know Your Device.
- Enter your device’s IMEI Number in the box.
- Click on submit.
- The message appears below after a few seconds. If your device was not registered, then follow the below steps carefully.
Register Phone IMEI in Nepal:
The best method for IMEI registration in Nepal is by registering via an online website of NTA.
You can find out if your mobile’s IMEI number is currently registered or not. The IMEI number registration process is explained as.
- Click the link and visit the Nepal Telecommunication Authority portal.
- Click on “Know your device” to check whether your device is registered.
- After checking your device IMEI, Click on Sign Up.
- Click on the “Individual Application”.
- Fill up all details asked in the boxes.
- Upload the identification ID (Citizenship, passport, driving license) photo (should be less than 3 MB and only pdf and jpg files)
- Enter the name of the document you uploaded (e.g. citizenship)
- Enter your contact number or email address.
- You have successfully registered your mobile phone.
Online IMEI Registration:
NTA has not registered the IMEI number of the old phones, because it has been three and a half years since NTA started registering IMEI. So, you should find out the IMEI number on your mobile and register yourself.
For that, mobile users will be able to see the IMEI number of their mobile by dialling * # 06 # on their mobile. The mobile phone shows only one IMEI number if it has a single sim.
If there are dual sims, both IMEI numbers should register with the authority. How to know if an IMEI number is registered or not?
Now let us Wait for the reply from NTA. about registering our device’s IMEI on their system.